Ministry Host: Rev. Ron DuBose
The Thankful Baptist-Kennesaw, Inc. Senior Teen Project is a faith based, non-profit organization to provide a multifunctional ministry/facility for senior citizens seeking limited well care alternatives and the mentoring of disadvantaged youth.
Our senior citizens day care parameters include but are not limited to:
1. Provide a day care for latch key mobile seniors who are residing with their children who may or may not still drive and are unable to do their daily activities alone due to unforeseen circumstances.
2. Provide a channel of activeness for seniors by providing a place to meet other active and semi-active seniors.
3. Provide a place to do group activities on site such as computer training.
4. Provide group activities such as weekly field trips to local historical landmarks, local parks and grocery shopping.
5. Provide transportation to seniors who have no means of transportation to our facility.
Our Disadvantaged Youth Mentoring parameters include but are not limited to:
1. Mentoring to disadvantaged youth who are:
A. A latch key child.
B. From a single parent home.
C. Displays minor disciplinary problems.
D. Displayed educational challenges.
2. Provide a tutorial enrichment program to overcome literacy problems.
3. Provide a child psychologist to help with minor disciplinary problems.
4. Provide adult mentors to provide positive role models and guidance.
5. Provide transportation to children who have no means of transportation to our facility.
Please check our church calendar for meeting times for this ministry.